Yuko Mifune – Liszt – Années de pèlerinage I, S. 160 (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/192 kHz | Time – 53:59 minutes | 1,58 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © MClassics
Born in Tokyo, award-winning pianist Yuko Mifune moved with her family to New York City when she was six years old. In New York, her early studies were with Mitsuko Ichimura, Jerome and Ronit Lowenthal, and at the age of twelve she returned to Japan and continued her studies with virtuoso pianists Akiko Iguchi, Yoko Okumura, and Kazuko Yasukawa.
Mifune has captured several impressive awards in Japan, including first prize at the prestigious Japan Music Competition. She graduated Toho Gakuen University and was awarded a 2 year scholarship from the Japanese Government to attend the Juilliard School in NY where she studied under Martin Canin. She also studied chamber music with the late Samuel Sanders.
In 1991, she made her brilliant US debut in Los Angeles, winning praise from the L.A. Times. As first prize winner of Frinna Awerbuch International Piano Competition and Juilliard Soloist Audition, she performed at Carnegie Hall and at Lincoln Center and her performance was broadcast by WQXR throughout the US.
Thereafter, she returned to Japan and has maintained an active concert schedule as a top soloist. She has been invited internationally and has toured with the Moscow Philharmonic Orchestra and St. Petersburg Orchestra in Moscow, followed by their Japan tour. She has performed in Seoul, New Zealand, Singapore, Turkey, and many other places around the world.
She has also had great success in media – hosting her own radio program and the NHK program “Weekly Book Review” for 6 years. She currently teaches at the Kyoto City University of Arts and presents masterclasses and children’s outreach programs.
She also formed a truly unique duo “OBSESSION” in 2014, with drummer/percussionist Akira Horikoshi, expanding her fanbase beyond the classical realm. Their debut album “OBSESSION” has won critical acclaim and was chosen as one of the best CDs of the month in “Record Geijutsu” (a classical recording magazine), as well as the Best CD Shop Award of the year.
Her beautiful sound and dynamic virtuosity have always inspired many audiences, and she has also garnered critical acclaim for her broad repertoire which spans from Baroque to contemporary music.
01. Yuko Mifune – Années de pèlerinage I, S. 160: No. 1, La chapelle de Guillaume Tell (06:16)
02. Yuko Mifune – Années de pèlerinage I, S. 160: No. 2, Au lac de Wallenstadt (02:58)
03. Yuko Mifune – Années de pèlerinage I, S. 160: No. 3, Pastorale (01:49)
04. Yuko Mifune – Années de pèlerinage I, S. 160: No. 4, Au bord d’une source (04:32)
05. Yuko Mifune – Années de pèlerinage I, S. 160: No. 5, Orage (05:34)
06. Yuko Mifune – Années de pèlerinage I, S. 160: No. 6, Vallee d’Obermann (15:51)
07. Yuko Mifune – Années de pèlerinage I, S. 160: No. 7, Eglogue (04:09)
08. Yuko Mifune – Années de pèlerinage I, S. 160: No. 8, Le mal du pays (06:08)
09. Yuko Mifune – Années de pèlerinage I, S. 160: No. 9, Les cloches de Geneve (06:37)